This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you!) Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Coconut Macaroons – a moist sweet cookie with coconut! We used to beg my grandmother to make these, but only at Christmas!
I hope that you enjoy these marvelous Coconut Macaroons!
14 ounces sweetened coconut flakes
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit or 175 C
2. Let the eggs whites warm to room temperature.
3. Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
4. Whip the egg whites with the salt until you have soft peaks.
5. Line your sheet pans with either a Silpat or Parchment Paper.
6. I like a larger cookie, so I use a large star tip and pipe the macaroons onto the sheet pan. You don’t need to pipe them and can use a scoop to make them a consistant size.
7. Bake for 15 -20 minutes depending on whether you like them golden and crunchy or white and not so crunchy.
8. If you make smaller cookies check them at 10 minutes for the desired color.